Thursday, June 5, 2008

Updated Good News

So, Anthony finally had a meeting with his boss last night and found out some good news and some not so good news. The good news is that he will for sure be managing the Lynnwood store. The not so good news is that he won't be working with his good friend, Tony. They'll be hiring a new person to work with Anthony at the Lynnwood store. It's lame because when they hired Tony it was with the understanding that once Anthony became manager Tony would be working with him. However the manager at the Bellevue store fell in love with Tony because he's such a "yes man" - he'll do whatever you ask of him no matter how much it inconveniences him - and the district manager doesn't want to tick off off the Bellevue manager by taking Tony away from him. I understand that the Bellevue manager has more seniority and puts up pretty good numbers so they don't want to risk losing him...it just sucks that my husband is getting somewhat screwed over because of that.

My best friend left today to go to Oregon for 5 days. :o( Now who am I going to talk to all day on the phone? Who does she think she is, leaving me behind? Just kidding...I really hope she has a ton of fun and perhaps even gets to kick back and relax a bit too! :o)

Alena had her preschool graduation last night. It was a pretty cute little ceremony. Anthony wasn't able to make it because he had to work but my dad was there and so were Anthony's mom and dad. My dad made it to all 3 of Alena's school things this year! He's such a good guy. The most impressive thing of it all is that for all 3 of the events I called him the day of to invite him because I've been just that disorganized this year! He says it just shows how pathetic he is, that he can make it there every time on such short notice. I think it just shows that he's a wonderfully supportive grandpa! :o) After the ceremony Alena was very sad that preschool was over forever, she kept saying she was going to miss her teachers, Mrs. D and Mrs. Jammi, so much. So, we left her school and went straight to Target and bought her a Kindergarten workbook. I figured that way she could focus on the excitement of starting kindergarten instead of focusing on the sadness of finishing preschool. She's been working through her workbook this morning and she's really enjoying it! I've really enjoyed sitting down with her and walking her through each page too. She and I don't seem to do enough stuff just me and her so it's been nice.

Well, I need to get some stuff done around my house so I'd better get going. I'm fighting a cold and have no desire to do dishes or laundry but I also REALLY don't want to get behind in everything either.

Until next time...peace out!!

5 comments:

Coraly said...

update!

Coraly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coraly said...

so seriously now... we have had this conversation a number of times.. update blog

Coraly said...

I am going to just keep telling you the same thing... update!

Zero said...

Honestly if you are not going to listen to my wife (but really who does?) listen to me.
UPDATE YOUR FRIGGIN BLOG!