Friday, May 30, 2008

Amazingly good news!!!

So, my handsome husband, Anthony, called me at about 2pm today with the best possible news EVER!!! Okay, other than the news of us getting married or having babies... He called and told me that Bill, the manager of the store he works at, gave his 2 weeks notice today and the wonderful thing about that is that Anthony is next in line for that position!!! We have been waiting for this promotion for probably about 2 or 3 years...maybe even longer than that...so it's just completely surreal!!! I can't believe it whatsoever!! The benefits to this promotion are overwhelming. First, there will, of course, be a pay raise associated with it. Plus Anthony is excited to finally be able to do things his way at the store. Not that Bill didn't run the store well, Anthony just got kind of sick of having to run things by Bill all the time. Anthony's been doing the same job for the past 6 years so he has all sorts of ideas as to how to best run that store. He's so excited and I couldn't be more proud! We're still not sure who he'll be working with. We always thought that it'd be Tony, one of his best friends. However now it sounds like it could be a few different people. I'll let you know when we find out more details. *sigh* I am just so excited about all this! I've actually been praying lately that God would give Anthony peace about our finances...I figured God would just help Anthony be okay with where we were financially...who knew He'd be so creative in answering my prayers! :o) God is SO good!!!

I get to participate in an American Cancer Society Relay For Life tonight...well, technically I'll be walking in it tomorrow. I'll be walking from 3am til 6am...not exactly the most sought after time slot but I figured at least then the childcare thing was COMPLETELY not an issue :o) and a lot of the other people on my team had specific times they could be there. I guess that's what I get for being flexible! :o) No, just kidding, I'm happy to do it...my mom is a breast cancer survivor and my grandma died from cancer about 5 years ago so I'm VERY happy to be able to help raise money for such a good cause.

Well, that's about it for now...I'm making a quiche for dinner and it's just about ready so I gotta go tend to that. Until next time, hope you have a wonderful weekend and God bless!!

No comments: