Wednesday, July 16, 2008

On hold

I feel like our summer fun has been put on hold for a little while. My little boy, Tirus, is sick right now and the doctors can't seem to figure out what's wrong with him. He has a high fever of 102 to 104 degrees and really no other symptoms. He's complained of stomach pain but we got an ultrasound done today and everything looked completely fine. He's been slightly congested so our pediatrician started him on an antibiotic today, thinking that perhaps he has an infection in his adnoids. It sounds to me like we're grasping at straws but I'm getting to the point where I don't even necessarily need to know what's wrong with him. As long as the antibiotics work, I'll be happy. I don't know if that's a good way of looking at it...but that's where I'm at. I know that God knows what's wrong with Ty and I just keep praying, asking Him to reveal to me and the doctors enough that we can help my little boy get better. It's hard to see a normally energetic, crazy little boy being lethargic and lifeless for 4 days straight. :o(

Other than this lame week, our summer has been wonderful!! Anthony and I have gotten to play tennis together a couple of times and I've LOVED that!! I played in high school and he's ridiculously athletic so he can play just about any sport well. One of the things I've actually enjoyed the most about going to play tennis is enjoying the fact that our kids are now old enough to take to the tennis courts with us and they'll just ride their bikes or run around while we play. :o) I'd been tempted to have one or two more babies for a while there but the more I've enjoyed this new stage my kids are in, the more I think I'm done having kids. I think I just want to move on from the baby stage and enjoy the beginnings of the school age stage. I love babies and that's why I serve in the nursery at our church twice a week...but I'm enjoying my own kids more and more as they get older.

Well, I need to go take Tirus's temperature again. I hope all is well with those who've taken the time to read this. I hope it was as exciting as you've come to expect it to be. ;o) God bless!!!

1 comment:

Zero said...

Well I think you should have at least 2 more kids. You will be so bored when your kids are in school, you will be wishing for an extra poop machine crawling on your floor eating everything in sight... why is it that babies sound like a disobedient dog? Don't let that dissuade you!