Wednesday, September 2, 2009

8 happy years...

Well, they haven't all been happy, of course, but today is mine and Anthony's 8 year anniversary. I couldn't be more thankful for the amazing husband God has given me. I'm more in love with him now than the day I married him and that's impressive cuz I was completely head over heels for the guy! :o) Keep in mind though I was only 20...can't believe they let people get married that young!! Anthony and I have been VERY fortunate that as we've each changed as we've gotten older we've actually become MORE compatible with each other. I think that's a pretty rare thing. He's become better at communicating and I've become better and letting the little stuff go. Earlier this year, Anthony made an observation that I'm so glad is true. He said, "We've gotten to a point where we've just accepted each other for who are." It's just so true! I used to always get mad at Anthony for getting home an hour or 2 late. I felt it was righteous anger! Even if it was, it didn't help our marriage one bit. So, now, when Anthony tells me he'll be home at, say, 7pm I just automatically add at least 1 hour to that and figure I won't be seeing him until 8pm. Try it sometime on that "constantly late person" in your life...I gaurentee it'll improve your relationship with them! The other thing I used to always get so mad about is that he's the messy one in our relationship. Now I just pick up the mess or ask him to do it without taking it personal. I think a big key to success is keeping in mind that he doesn't do anything of those annoying things simply to make me mad or hurt me or anything like that. Like Anthony said, it's just who he is and I've come to accept it. When you get married they always tell you not to go into it thinking you're going to change the other person but I think that's exactly what most people do...I think most of us go into most of our relationships thinking, "I'll just smooth out your rough spots and THEN we can be best friends." Makes me wonder what rough spots I have that people are hoping to smooth out...hmm...

I've started feeling little Mr. Baby moving more and more lately and it's such an amazing feeling!! That's definitely my favorite part of pregnancy! I've actually been really enjoying the little movements that only I can feel because it's like my little secret with the baby...nobody else knows...just the two of us. :o) I am looking forward, though, to when Anthony can feel the baby kick and I'm SUPER excited about when Alena and Tirus get to feel some movement. It's cute, they both like to touch my tummy all the time and they'll get all excited and say, "I felt the baby move!!" and I have to say, "Yeah, no ya didn't...sorry. You'll feel it soon enough though!" I'm kind of assuming that if I didn't feel it, neither did they. :o) They're both still SO excited about their new little brother. Alena tells everyone she possibly can that she's getting another little brother...the bank teller, the grocery store cashier...pretty much everyone. :o) Tirus doesn't talk about it as much but he constantly talks to my tummy, saying hi and goodbye to the baby...good morning and good night too...it's SO cute. He kisses my tummy all the time too. :o) I can't wait for the moment that they get to first meet their little brother. I could see Alena have "happy tears" and Tirus starting out a little shy but giving him a little kiss on the forehead or something. *sigh* I can't wait...

1 comment:

LeFebvre Momma said...

Congratulations!! Max and I have some things to learn from you!