Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oh how time flies...

I can't believe there are only a few weeks left of summer break!!! That means there's only a few weeks until my baby girl starts kindergarten!! That both saddens and excites me. I'm always in awe of the amazing little person she's growing into. Yet it's sad to know that she's moving closer and closer to not needing me as much...to being a grown up. It's also almost time to get back into the swing of BSF, Discovery Club...you name it, it starts in a few weeks. Crazy...

Our softball tournament went pretty good! We got 3rd place out of 16 teams!! I'm very proud of our team, we played well, had a ton of fun and only 2 out of the 12 of us got hurt at all. One guy pulled his hammy in the first game and was out the rest of the day and the other guy (my 57 year old Dad!) tweaked his hammy as well. He didn't have to sit out the rest of the day but he did get a pinch runner from then on. I'm glad to be done with softball...the ol' calendar needed to get emptied a little...but I'm very excited to play again next year!

Anthony has a softball tournament this weekend so he's actually taking a weekend off from work!!! That's just stinkin unheard of! It's made me realize that he NEVER works more than 4 days in a row because this has been a long week! Our kids are desperately missing their daddy and I'm missing my best friend as well. But, this too shall pass! I've packed mine and the kids' calendar quite full this week and we've been having a ton of fun! We went to Forest Park in Everett (I highly recommend it!!), Kayak Point in Arlington (again, highly recommend it!!), a sidewalk chalk extravaganza at the Public Library and tomorrow we get to go to a good friend's house for a playdate! Lots of fun!!! I'm definitely tired though!!

I just found out today that on the last weekend of October I get to go on vacation with my mom and brother Danny to go visit my other brother, Scott! I know, it's not til the end of October but with how quickly this summer has gone by, I'd better start packing now because I'll be boarding that plane before I know it! :o) I haven't seen my brother Scott since the middle of June and I can't wait to see him! This is the first time any of us has lived out of state and it's just plain weird!! Honestly I'm also really looking forward to having a few days of no responsibility! :o) It'll be weird to have 3 and a half days of just hanging out with my mom and brothers and not have to cut up anyone's food or put anyone to bed! :o)

Well, it's getting really late and I need my beauty sleep! So, until next time...which hopefully won't be too long from now...peace out!!

No comments: