Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Anyone out there?

Well, I seriously doubt anyone reads this thing anymore but I can't say that I blame them. I see the last time I posted anything was on November 1st, 2008. Sorry about that...

The newest and most exciting news at the Bader Household is that we're adding another member to our family! :o) Baby Bader is due on January 24th, 2010. We even get to find out in about 5 days whether it's a boy or girl! The boy name we like right now is Maximus Ryan. I really just like the name Max and I don't really care for any of the extended versions of the name so I figure I'll let Anthony pick the ending to the first name since he seems to have a strong opinion on the matter. The name Max is one we've liked for a while and we happen to have a good friend with that name so it makes it all the more near and dear to our hearts. The middle name, Ryan, is after Anthony's big brother...and best friend. The girl names we're debating between right now are Abigail and Olivia with a definite middle name of Bernice. If we go with Abbie (which is what we'd call her, not Abigail - unless she's in trouble) she'd be named after a good friend of ours, Abbe Baker, who is married to Anthony's other best friend, Able. If we go with Olivia - which is what both Alena and Tirus are voting for at the moment - then she wouldn't be named after anyone in particular...we just like the name. Bernice, however, was my grandma's middle name and if you didn't get a chance to meet her before she went to be with her Creator and her Savior in eternity you seriously missed out! She is still one of my favorite people in the world! Out of all the people I've lost throughout my life, I by far miss her the most. So, on August 25th at 10am, I'll be at my big ultrasound with my wonderful mom and my doting husband, eagerly awaiting the announcement of "It's a ...."

My most recent project I've been working on is going through the Gospels in the Bible (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) and writing down every command that Jesus ever spoke. I figure, my kids behave much better if they know what I expect of them and I'm hoping that same thing will be true of me once I know all that is expected of me from my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm only in the 18th chapter of the book of Matthew and I've already filled 8 pages with 81 commands spoken by Jesus. I've got a long ways to go and I can't seem to get enough of it! I highly recommend taking on this challenge. Obviously, knowing all the commands won't make me - or you - perfect...only being washed in the blood of the Lamb of God will do that...but I thoroughly enjoy reading all the things that Jesus found important enough to talk about on His short stay here on Earth.

Well, on that note, I think I'll actually get back to my project at hand as I eagerly await the arrival of my husband. God Bless!!!

1 comment:

LeFebvre Momma said...

Well, I am glad you are back - I love hearing about you guys!!

I like that challenge. I might just take it. It seems like a hands on way to study and what a great way to look at it. We children do much better when we know what is expected of us.