Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'm back!

Wow, how time flies! I didn't mean to wait so long between posts but life has been a whirlwind this last week!

First I'll give details about the ultrasound I had last week. So, of course it's a boy and everything looked good I think. Of course the tech can't really give much info - good or bad - but I saw 2 arms and hands, 2 legs and feet, a brain and a 4 chambered heart. I have an appt this Tuesday with my OB to find out exactly what the results are from the ultrasound...but I'm not worried. A couple of things the tech did mention were that he's measuring about a week ahead at about 10 oz but when I told her my other babies were over 9 lbs at birth she said, "Oh, I guess he's right on pace then!" Also, she mentioned that he was an awfully active baby. :o) However, he wouldn't move quite enough so that she could get some good pictures of his spine so I have to ... or get to ... go back in on Sept 10 to try to get better pictures of his spine. We got some pretty cute pictures...he even looks like he's smiling in a couple of his profile shots because his mouth is open a little. :o) Way cute! Oh, and one other picture is a straight on shot of his face - which are always a little creepy because of the way the eyes look - with his little hand up by his face and in the ultrasound he completely looked like he was waving to us! His little hand was moving back and forth...it was super cute! :o)

Another fun thing we did this last week is we went camping with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Ryan and Jody, at Lake Easton (it's just on the other side of Snoqualmie Pass). I brought the kids' bikes and they had a BLAST riding up and down the little road in front of our campsite. :o) We also hung out at the lake on one of the days and the kids got to go in the water for a little while. I kinda thought they were crazy since it's a mountain lake so it's freezing and it wasn't all that warm out that day so they must have been freezing too but they claimed it was a ton of fun! :o) Oh, to be a kid again and completely oblivious to things like being cold! :o) We didn't end up going camping at all last summer and I'm SO glad that we went this year. It was so nice to get away from home and just enjoy a few relaxing days with my family...sigh...can't wait to do it again next year! Although then we'll have a 6 month old and that should add a whole new crazy dynamic to the experience!

Something kind of crazy happened today...I got home from church and my next door neighbor said hi to me the second I got out of my car - which surprised me a little because they're a little more on the quiet side - and he informed me that I should go check out my house because he had just had someone break into his house in broad daylight while he was home!!! He said they broke a window in the back of the house to get in. All I can think is that there was no car in the driveway so the person must have thought nobody was home. I was also told that the police had come and gone and that they "thought" they'd found the car of the individual(s) that had done this but they thought one of them was still on the loose. So, I called Anthony while I unloaded the kids from the car and I told him what I'd just learned and made him stay on the phone with me while I looked through the house for any signs that someone had been inside our house uninvited. Halfway through the walk through, though, I said, "What in the world would I do if I DID find someone in the house?!?!" Anthony in all his wisdom, suggested I start with, "Get out of my house!!!". I thought that was a good place to start. Luckily I didn't have to use my one liner because I found the house had been undisturbed. I swear, though, that is one of my very worst nightmares...having someone break in while I'm home with my kids. I felt pretty on edge most of the afternoon. I just prayed A LOT that God would protect me and the kids and that He would help me to feel safe in my home. I've heard of these kinds of things happening but to have it happen SOOO close to home is quite unnerving. Please pray for safety and peace for me and my family.

All in all though, this has been a great week and the fun isn't over yet! Tomorrow after the kids get their teeth cleaned at the dentist - something they actually look forward to...weirdos - we're heading down to meet my mom, my brother, his wife and their 4 boys at the zoo! Sadly, Daddy has to work but we'll try to have fun without him. As Alena says, "Poor Daddy, he misses out on all the fun stuff!" Amen Sister!!!

1 comment:

LeFebvre Momma said...

Yeah, Max misses most the fun stuff too! I am glad to hear about the ultrasound. Sounds like he's pretty photogenic from a young age. It was nice to see Anthony while he was down here! God bless and I will pray for your family's safety!