Monday, August 31, 2009

Great Way to Start the Last Week of Summer Break!

My kiddos had a dentist appt this morning and they did a wonderful job of sitting still and letting the dentist do a thorough cleaning on their little pearly whites. Unfortunately I have to take Alena back there on Wednesday to get a filling. :o( For some reason this doesn't make her completely freak out...she's even had a few fillings done before (sadly) but she still looks forward to going to the dentist. Weirdo...

After the excessively long dentist appt (it took about an hour and 20 minutes), we picked up some lunch at Arby's (YUM!!) and met up with my mom, my brother Danny, his wife Dawn and their 4 boys Austin, Caleb, Jacob and Micah and we all caravaned down to the Woodland Park Zoo. It was the perfect day to go to the zoo because the weather was amazing and because all the animals were out and about and very interactive! The kids AND adults all had a blast! My favorite part was watching the gorillas. There was a baby one that kept antagonizing one of the grown up ones until the grown up finally had had enough and swiped at the baby a few times! Then the baby quickly ran to it's mama and sat in her lap of safety! :o) It was the cutest thing I've ever seen at the zoo!

Well, my family is watching a movie together on the couch and I'm feeling a little left out so I'd better get over there and get some snuggling in. :o) I hope you're enjoying the gorgeous weather God has blessed us with this week as much as I am!!!

1 comment:

LeFebvre Momma said...

You're right - your kids are weirdos!! But thats ok. THats what makes us love them. Hope you enjoyed the snuggling, I know I do.