Thursday, April 24, 2008

4 Days and Counting

Just in case you were wondering, in 4 days I will be basking in the sun on the beautiful beaches of Maui and I won't even be suffering the lasting effects of airsickness - hopefully. Today I went to Bartell's and bought some stuff to try to ward off my horrible case of motion sickness I always battle with when I fly. I figured when I was all growed up I wouldn't have to deal with motion sickness anymore...I thought it was something that only kids suffered from. No, no, that's definitely NOT the case. So, I'll be sure to let you know which brands and methods of coping work and which don't.

My recovery is going fairly well. I've had to remind myself lately that "this too shall pass" with regards to the pain. It's beginning to seem like it'll never go away. However, I know that God will continue to be as gracious as always by continuing to heal my body. God is good! :o)

I've just been busy today, getting everything ready for vacation. I've realized that even though the kids aren't coming with us I still have just as much prep to do for them as I would if they were coming with us! Weird how that works. I'm still kind of anxious about leaving them for so long but we've been talking about it a lot and they're pretty excited. Alena's only said once or twice that she's going to miss us and to that I respond "I'm going to miss you too sweetheart but we're all going to be having so much fun that we'll be just fine!"

Yesterday, Anthony had the day off so we went shopping at a couple thrift stores to find him some swim shorts. He ended up also buying a baseball tee for the kids and Tirus absolutely LOVES it! :o) It's cute to see how proud Anthony is watching his little boy lug his little wiffle ball bat around with him everywhere he goes. :o) He even sleeps with it at naptime and nighttime. :o) Ty's getting pretty good at hitting the ball too! When Daddy was pitching to Ty earlier this week, Ty hit a line drive and nailed Daddy right in the leg. Boy was Ty proud of himself! :o) I can't help but get teary-eyed with pride, watching those two play baseball together in the backyard. Don't get me wrong though, Alena's out there too, making her Daddy just as proud. She's just not as obsessed with it as Tirus is. He was out there last night until after it started getting dark, just wailing on those wiffle balls. :o) So cute! :o)

1 comment:

Zero said...

Nice work, this blogging thing may be your ticket out of here... (I am not sure what that means, it just sounded cool).
My suggestion for the motion sickness is to wear all black, and when you are halfway to Hawaii get up and run at the pilots door screaming "I am Spiderman". They will then restrain you so tightly that you cannot move, therefore cannot get motion sickness.
Let me know how that works out, you can send me a note with the coconut you are mailing me from Hawaii.