Thursday, April 17, 2008

Crossing to the Dark Side...

Okay, so I've finally given in and crossed to the dark side....I've become a blogger. *sigh* I'm thinking this will be a therapeutic way to get through life. My latest drama is, of course, my amazing collapsible lung. Gotta make it sound like something fun. :o) I just had a doctor appointment today and it was a pretty important one. Fortunately it turned out to be a positive one too. My doctor, Dr. Costas, told me that my x-ray they did this morning showed that my lung is back to 100% inflated and, sadly, in my world, that's a pretty stinkin exciting thing! :o) She also told me that I no longer have any lifting restrictions (besides the ones that my body is naturally imposing on my while I'm recovering from surgery). The other really exciting news I found out is that my handsome hubby, Anthony, and I still get to go on our dream vacation to Maui in a week and a half!!!! We thought that my health problems were going to make it so we couldn't go...at least not until June or July. Precor is sending us to stay at the Grand Wailea (the nicest resort in all the Hawaiian Islands - Oprah even rented out a wing of it!) for 5 nights!!! You gotta check out their website! You'll be droolin in no time!! :o)

I'm so glad that all my health stuff is finally under control and I'm finally on the mend. It's been such a long month. Tomorrow will be one month since my right lung originally punctured and was 40% collapsed. It's amazing to know that if I had lived even just 100 years ago I probably wouldn't have survived from this. However, because I'm so blessed to live when I do and where I do, I'm able to get help from the finest doctors and now I will be able to go on to live a completely healthy life. It's also amazing to look back and see God's hand in all this. I'm not saying that I think He caused me to get a spontaneously punctured lung...I know I live in a fallen world where our bodies just don't always work the way God designed them to...but I did feel His presence in every doctors office and hospital room I was in this past month. Even when I was just at home going through my every day routine, I'd feel His calming presence. I didn't have any anxiety about the surgery I had last week and that right there is a HUGE testimony because I'm just a worrier by nature!

Well, I'm gonna go play with my handsome little son. Ooh, plus dinner is almost ready. Mmmm... :o) Lasagna stinkin rocks! :o) I'm sure I'll write again soon because I can easily see this blogging thing quickly becoming a new obsession of mine. :o) Peace out!

2 comments:

Coraly said...

you are the best blogger ever!!!
Welcome to the dark side!

Zero said...

Well I am not sure about the best ever... I did not even get a shout out... you suck!
Oooh, is that in bad taste with the whole "lung thing"? I guess that is part of being so dark.
Wha ha ha ha! (Evil Laugh)