Friday, April 25, 2008

And the countdown continues...

I can't believe Anthony and I will be in Maui in 3 days!!!! I'm so incredibly excited! It's hard to believe that it's finally time for us to go! When we first found out about the trip it seemed like it would never actually happen...it was too far down the road to seem like a reality. But here we are, packing our suitcases and finalizing plans!!

I've spent most of the day today cleaning the house so when we get back I can enjoy spending time with my kids and the vacation doesn't have to end immediately after arriving home. I can play with my kids after not seeing them for a week instead of feeling like I should be doing my normal cleaning stuff. Alena and Ty actually helped me with a lot of the cleaning this morning. It's cute how much they enjoy helping! Give them a disinfectant wipe and watch out! They love running around the house and seeing how much they can clean before the other one beats them to it! One of the few times I enjoy them competing against each other! :o) The other chore they love helping with is washing windows. I spray the windows with Windex and arm them with paper towels and they go to town. I'm impressed how little I actually have to go back and re-do. I thought for sure I'd have to re-do everything they did once they were down for their naps but I didn't have to at all! They are such good kids...and good helpers! :o)

Well, I'd better get working on laundry and clean some more. I really don't want to leave much of anything for Sunday. So, as Dora would say, Adios Amigos!!!

1 comment:

Coraly said...

Who taught them the joy of cleaning?!!!
they are great helpers!