Tuesday, April 22, 2008

No better place to recoup!!!

In exactly 6 days and 7 minutes :o) I'll be landing in Maui!!! I'll probably be airsick but there's no place in the world I'd rather feel airsick. I'm hoping to find some meds that can take care of that problem without knocking me out completely. I'd hate to be all groggy on my first day in paradise. I've been working all morning on reconfirming our reservations with the car rental place and our travel agent regarding our flight info and I gotta say...I'm SO incredibly excited!! I've had a hard time believing we were really going but everything I've worked on this morning has kind of cemented it in my mind...we're really going and we're going really stinkin soon! :o) I'm a little nervous about leaving my kids for that long especially since only a couple of weeks ago I was away from them for 5 days while I was in the hospital. I just really hope that they enjoy themselves enough that they don't get too sad and homesick. However, I know they will be spending time at all their favorite places so I won't have anything to worry about. But as a mom...it's my job to worry...it's what I get paid the bucks for...hey, wait a minute!

Okay, enough about that...Alena has her Spring sing at school tonight and I'm pretty excited to go to that. It's so cute to see all the kids on stage...I hope Alena doesn't get stage fright like she sometimes does. I can't believe that she's almost done with preschool! She's actually sitting up at the table right now writing letters to her friends and it's amazing to see her actually spelling some of the words right! I can't believe how quick she's growing up...it's so sad and exciting all at the same time.

Well, I'd better wrap this up so I can go get Alena and Ty down for their naps and quiet time. I'm hoping to write on here a little more often than I have been. We'll see...

Peace out,
Laura

PS Hi Deef!!

No comments: