Thursday, May 22, 2008

Random Thoughts....by Laura Bader

*sigh* Well, BSF is over now and I find myself kind of at a loss as to what I should be doing all day. I didn't think BSF took up that much of my time but apparently it did! I'm enjoying having more spare time but it's weird to know I have a few months ahead of me that won't be filled with BSF lessons, notes and all the other prep stuff that goes along with BSF.

My best friend and I took our kids to the Children's Museum in Everett today and it was actually an enjoyable, relaxing time! I've never been to the Museum and not left feeling at least slightly frazzled and exhausted. However, we were there for a surprisingly quick hour and a half (all the longer we could leave her van in the same parking spot without getting a parking ticket) and
there were hardly any people there. Plus the roof was open where they have a huge outside toy and a couple of other fun exhibits. I'm really hoping to convince my husband to get us a year membership because the kids love it and it's SO much cheaper to get a membership. They actually charge people $7 PER PERSON - adults and kids alike - for admission. However, you can get a family YEAR LONG membership for $55!! Crazy, huh? I figure if we go 3 times over the next 12 months it'll more than pay for itself!

So, I'm just about back to 100% health-wise. I'm back to doing all that I was doing before all this ridiculous lung stuff began. Our church softball team has had a few weeks of games already and last night was my first night back in the nursery at church. It's so nice to be back to "normal"...whatever "normal" is...

I've decided that this next week I'm going to start really trying to potty train my 3 year old son. I'm not looking forward to it. I mostly blame myself that he's not remotely potty trained yet. I just never think about taking him potty or anything. But this next week, I'm going to put him in underwear - or just let him run around bottomless - and see how it goes. I know a good carpet cleaner so it'll be fine. :o) I figure I'll try it for a week and if it's too big of a headache and I end up finding out he's just no where near ready to potty train I'll just wait a few more weeks and try again. He's not my firstborn so I don't worry about things like "He'll NEVER be potty trained!" I figure by the time he's 10, he'll be outta diapers and into big boy undies... :o) If you have any brilliant ideas as to how to make this whole process easier on me and my little buddy let me know. My daughter potty trained herself in a week when she was 26 months...at night and all...so this is pretty much my first go around with this whole potty training thing.

2 comments:

Coraly said...

thanks for the starbucks... you know the way to my heart!!!

Zero said...

I don't have a boy, but another dad told me once that he potty trained his boy by lighting a toy ship on fire in the toilet and telling his boy to "save the ship".
It is quite a lot of fun, I mean, I hear the little boys love it...