Monday, May 12, 2008

Better late than never, right?

Okay, so I'm lame and haven't written about my FABULOUS trip yet. Sorry!! Here goes...it was AMAZING!!! :o) It was about 88 degrees every day except for the last day when it was 77 degrees. Oddly enough, 77 actually seemed kinda chilly. Although that didn't last long since when we arrived in SeaTac it was a chilly 48 degrees! :o( Welcome home, huh? Well, let's see. Our first afternoon we just walked around the resort, oohing and awing. :o) That night we got to go to an amazingly delicious dinner at the resort on a grassy field over looking the ocean. Everything was so beautiful and the food we ate everywhere was so incredibly good. Another thing that really struck me about Maui is that the colors are very vibrant over there...I don't know it maybe that's just because I was so in heaven or what. At dinner that night, Anthony's Precor rep - Terry - invited us on a boat ride Thursday morning out to Molokini! Plus he gave us a $100 American Express Gift Card to - as he put it - help us pay for a couple of hotdogs around the resort (because everything there was SO unbelievably expensive)!!! :o) Tuesday morning Anthony went golfing with a bunch of the guys that Precor sent on this trip. He had a blast and while he was doing that I went into to town and went shopping! I wanted to maximize our $100 we had gotten from Terry so I went to K-mart to get the souvenirs I wanted to get for everyone back home. I ended up finding a REALLY cute little Hawaiian print summer dress for myself and one for Alena as well. Plus I got a little Hawaiian outfit for Tirus too. We'll just be such a cute little Hawaiian family this summer! :o)

I can tell that if I go moment by moment of the whole week this will be a very, very, VERY long blogging session and I do have other things I should be doing than sitting at the computer so I'll just give you the highlights...

One of my favorite things was going snorkeling at Molokini. The amazing thing about that is that I do NOT like being in water over my head and I have a rediculous fear of sharks. And by rediculous I mean I get nervous in lakes - yeah, that kind of ridiculous. So, anyways, when we found out the first night we were in Maui that we were going to go snorkeling a few days later I began praying. :o) And I mean fervently praying. The only thing that mattered to Anthony was that we got to go snorkeling at least once while we were there and I wanted to be able to enjoy that with him. So, I prayed that God would take away any and all anxiety and I'd be able to actually even enjoy snorkeling. He answered that prayer above and beyond what I could have ever expected!!! I didn't have a moment of panic let alone anxiety of any sort. We even stopped at this one place were we swam out in the open ocean for about 20 yards to go see some sea turtles. I was completely calm the whole time!! Thinking about doing any of that now raises my blood pressure to dangerous levels but my God was with me and He did not allow me to be nervous. He is SOOOOOO good!!!!! :o)

My other favorite thing we did was we went to a magic show up in Lahaina and it was incredible! I won't tell you any of the tricks he did because you HAVE to go see it if you ever get to go to Maui and I'd hate to ruin it for you! Anthony and I were very blessed to get a chance to sit down on the stage with Warren, the magician, along with 3 other young couples. So we were about 5 feet away from him at the most and we could NOT tell how the heck he did his tricks! It was crazy! So, the show it called Warren and Annabelle's...a MUST see!!!!

Well, that's all I'll write about my trip. I feel like I've already bragged about it a ton to those who will read this blog anyways so now I'm just being repetitive. :o)

Until next time, may God bless you as He has blessed me...with good health, amazing family and friends!

1 comment:

Zero said...

I cannot believe that you were in Hawaii and you went to Kmart... you are such a dork. And that is why you make such an awesome friend to my wife.
Honestly I am glad you had a great time, and I am still waiting for my coconut to arrive in the mail.