Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Adjusting to a New Schedule

Well, we're half way through our first full week of Kindergarten and everyone's having fun! :o) Alena loves going to school every day. Every evening she asks, "Mommy, do I get to go to school tomorrow?" When I say yes her little face lights up with that gorgeous little smile of hers and she squeals with delight. :o) Oh, to be 5 again... When I picked Alena up from school on Monday she walked over to me with her head down, shoulders slumped and I was thinking "What could possibly be wrong? It's only the 2nd day of school for Heaven's sake!!" She informed me, "I didn't get the Super Bee today Mom." So, I asked what you're all thinking..."What's a Super Bee Sweetheart?" I guess Mrs. Green has these little stuffed animals dressed up as bees that she hands out to kids that are having "Super Bee-havior" in class that day (they're actually really cute!). The child gets to bring the little toy home for the night and then returns it the next day so the bee can go home with someone else each night. Well, Alena thought she had done a good job in class and deserved this little prize. We had a long talk that night about how we need to be good in class because it's the right thing to do, not because we're trying to earn a prize...and I told her I was sure she'd get a chance to have the Super Bee sooner or later...and man, did I hope I was right!! :o) Well, Tuesday I went to pick her up from school and she came running to me as fast as she could with the biggest grin I've ever seen on her face. I couldn't help but laugh as I asked, "You got a Super Bee, didn't ya?" She answered with an excited, "Yep!! I sure did Mom!! Wanna see it?!?!" She dug it out of her bag at lightening speed and even let Ty check it out for a minute. :o) The Super Bee was begrudgingly returned to Mrs. Green today and Alena's still getting over the disappointment of realizing she probably won't get the Super Bee again for quite sometime...not til after each kid in the class gets a turn. Well, it was fun while it lasted...

Tirus is adjusting well to the new schedule as well. Today was our first day back at Bible Study Fellowship (BSF). At least once a week during summer break, Tirus would ask me, "Mommy, do I get to go to BSF today?" When I'd say no he'd say, "It's taking too long to go to BSF!" Yesterday I shared the exciting news that today we were going to go to BSF and so this morning when I walked out of my room I was greeted with the biggest smile as he said, "Mommy!!! We're going to BSF today!!!" He was bouncing off the walls, he was so excited! :o) He met his new teachers and played with a few familiar friends that attend our regular church along with some new friends as well. He thoroughly enjoyed himself and I'm sure I'll now be asked EVERY day, "Mommy, do I get to go to BSF today?" :o) Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not complaining that my little boy LOVES to go to Bible Study! :o) On another note, tonight as I was putting Tirus to bed, I was asking him random questions. It's alway fun to see what they'll say next. I asked him who his hero is and, without hesitation, he said "Daddy." I asked him what he loves about his Dad and he said, "He lets me beat him up." :o) Tirus sure does love to wrestle with Daddy!! And poor Daddy does get a monster beating too!!! That kid is quite the little ninja! :o)

I'm really looking forward to this year of BSF. We're studying "The Life of Moses". Besides Jesus Himself, I can't think of a more facinating person to study from the Bible. Can you? I'm also starting to study a new book with a couple of my girlfriends. It's called "Sheperding a Child's Heart". I've heard it's an amazing parenting book and I can't wait to get started!! Between the two studies I'm starting, the 2 mornings a week I watch my BFF's little girl and also volunteering in Alena's classroom one morning a week...I think I should be able to find a way to keep busy, what do you think? :o) I'm actually REALLY looking forward to each and every weekly commitment I've got on my calendar right now. It's not too often a person can say that! I'm very blessed, that's for sure!!

No comments: